10 Easy Ways to Balance Work and Family
Do you find it difficult to balance work and family?
Balancing a work life and a home life can be difficult, but with a little knowledge and planning, you can make it work for you. Here are ten tips that will help you balance work life and home life.
1. Set realistic goals: It's pretty much a given fact that if you want to do something big, you have to make some sacrifices. While the select few can manage, most people can't become a CEO and run a successful household. When setting your goals, be realistic and don't stretch yourself too thin.
2. Make schedules: Keeping track of work and your family can be difficult to plan. Try to keep a set schedule from day-to-day and week to week if you can. Always remember to make a written schedule and give everyone a copy.
3. Take time for yourself: It's a natural instinct of mothers to sacrifice themselves for the good of their family. However, it's important to remember that if you don't take care of yourself, you can't take care of anyone else. Try to schedule in at least a few minutes of “you time”, whether it be going for a run, watching your favorite TV show, or just sitting in a room by yourself to relax for a few minutes. If still not convinced, check out this article “Why You Must Have Time Alone” by Oprah.
4. Work from home: If you can do your work over the Internet or phone, you may be able to swing working at least part of the time from home, giving you more time to spend with your family. Just remember that there are a lot more things at home to distract you from getting your work done.
5. Get some exercise: Working out is not only a great way to stay healthy and gain energy, it's also a great way to spend time with your kids. Instead of hitting the gym, go play ball in the park or take them for a walk.
6. Take advantage of leave: Most jobs allow you a certain amount of leave, but a lot of us end up not using it. Make sure you know how much time you have and take it, whether you go on a vacation with your family or just use it to take a well-deserved rest day every so often.
7. Prioritize: When making your to-do lists, figure out the things that are most important for you to do and get them done first. If there isn't enough time to do everything, you won't feel as bad about what you have to cut. Also learn how to maximize your productivity.
8. Take classes: As many people will tell you, there's no manual on how to be a good parent and have a successful career. But if you search around your community, you can find classes and seminars from people who have been where you are and managed to do well. They can give you inspiration along with helpful tips and tidbits to get through your day.
9. Watch for burn out: Even if you schedule everything, take breaks, and do everything else above, what you're doing may just be too much for you. Watch yourself for changes in mood or physical problems. They could be a sign that you're burnt out and need to make some changes to your plans. Remember, your health is important too.
10. Learn to say no: If you want to have a successful career and family life, you will have to learn to say no occasionally. If you try to do everything, you're going to burn yourself out and not be able to take care of anyone. Being a good employee and a good parent doesn't mean you need to do everything you're asked.
What are you take on this article? Feel free to share it with me in the comment session below.
Did This Aid You? If so, don’t forget to leave a comment and share it on Facebook with your Network
P.S.: If You're struggling with Lead generation for Your Business, I recommend You check out this System below:
THE TOP EARNER FRAMEWORK?
FINALLY Unlock the 3-Step Framework and Learn How to Get Fresh Leads, Sales & Sign-Ups in YOUR Business Leveraging the Power of the Internet.
If you enjoyed this post on 10 Easy Ways to Balance Work and Family, Re-Tweet and comment please.