10 New Steps to Successful Blogging
Did you ever ask yourself how to start a blog, and what are the steps to Successful Blogging?
Not long ago, I was asking myself the same above question. In this article I will do my best to shed some light on this question. When you are done reading this post, you will have a pretty good idea on how to start a blog, and the steps you need to take to successful blogging.
There a different platforms you can use to start a blog, some are free and some are not. I am going to give you a list of 10 best sites you can use to start a free blog, but I will warn you. You do not own your blog on those sites. Here there are:
- Blogger.com: this site is owned by google so you are required to have a Gmail account in order to creat a blog there.
One thing you need to remember if you choose to use one of the above platform is there are restrictions on what type of content you decide to put on your blog. You cannot publish whatever you want, because you do not own the site, and you blog can get shut down if you violate the rules set forth by the site you chose.
The second option you have is a paid site, where you are in total control of what you post on your blog. So first thing, you will need to figure out what your blog name is going to be. I always recommend to use your own name, because you need to brand yourself. You can read the article I wrote on branding yourself HERE to get a better understanding of the importance of branding yourself.
Once you decided on the name for your blog, go check GoDaddy to see if that domain name is available, if it is, go ahead and buy it. Once you have your domain name you can choose to host it with Goddady or host with another hosting service. I will recommend another hosting service like Hostgator . A better hosting platform is MLSP Sites. The reasons I recommend MLSP Sites:
- You are getting a Professional Self-Hosted Worpress Blog in 1 Click
- Built on WordPress, hands-down the only blogging platform you want to use, period…
- Enterprise grade hosting, blazing fast, and includes air-tight bulletproof security you can trust, which produces a great experience for your blog readers… $500 – $1k per mo at godaddy if you wanted this set-up
- PRO “paid for” plug-ins pre-installed on your blog (89+ plug-ins total)… $3,000+ and recurring monthly fees
- Premium “paid for” Divi, Genesis, and many other Premium WP themes to choose from… $1,000+
- Updated training portal of 3 minute HD training tutorials so you can get answers to ANY WordPress question as we build your blog together… Premium Annual Fee
Now you see why I recommend MLSP Site, But if you become a member of MLSP your Blog is FREE. Stick with me and I will show you how you can have your blog running in 24 hours even if you are a rookie. You never have to worry about the
So far I talked about how to create or start your blog, now I am going to share with you the 10 new steps to Successful Blogging.
Here are your 10 New Steps to Successful Blogging:
I want you to know that there are about 100 steps to successful blogging, but I am going to share with 10 most essentials.
- Your Niche: what your blog is going to talk about? You need to choose a topic that interest you. What can you enthusiastically right about daily? It does not matter if your topic is popular as long as there is an audience for it. Anything can be considered a niche as long as there is an audience for it, small or large. If you want to write a blog about traveling that is a niche, if you want to write about dating after age 50 that is a niche. If you have a home based business or are part of an MLM, that can be your niche. You can also check out my article on how to find a niche for your business HERE. Finding that niche is very important. Do not talk about two niches on one blog. If you truly want to be an authority in your niche, then focus your content on that one specific niche.
- Daily Update: daily updates is one important step to successful blogging. This is not a suggestion but a MUST. You want to update your blog daily not to keep it interesting to your readers, but it also gives your blog fresh content day in day out and it makes it more appealing not only to your audience but also to the search engines. Let be realistic, not updating your blog one day here or on a holiday is understandable, but missing days at a time or weeks will result in your blog not being successful. You want to capture and keep the traffic of visitors that comes to your blog. You can make as many post as you want in one day, but you want to make sure your consistent with whatever you decide to do.
- Traffic: you need to have traffic to profit from your blog. There are several ways to build that traffic include free advertisement, paid advertisement, all different types of viral marketing, search engine marketing, and even words to mouth. Use your blog address in e-mail signature, if you're discussing something on a form, message boards, any type of communication medium that you use you want to post your blog URL. Make sure your blog URL is submitted to search engine, and to the blog directories as well. You can submit your RSS Feed to ping-o-matic to make sure your blog entries are being pinged to the search engines. If you have your blog with MLSP, a lot of these steps are automatically done for you. The system is already built to take care of a lot of these for you. When submitting your articles to blog directories, you want to do this once a week.
- Tracking: you want to track your blog. How do you know if your blog has traffic? One thing to keep in mind, if you are not getting any comment on your blog posts it does mean that your blog is not growing. Sometimes people are in a hurry to consume the information you are sharing and don't have time to leave a comment. I do not always leave a comment on others people's blog. Many visitors do not leave comment. With blog people are more interested in what you have to say. You can use Jetplug to track your blog, again with MLSP is already done for you. Make sure you are using this type of plug-ins to track your blog to see where your traffic is coming from. What type of content your visitors are reading, how many visitors are you getting in a day, how many are unique visitors, and how many are returning visitors. It is very important to know so that you can focus on the type of content your visitors are interested in.
- listening: listening to your audience is very important step to successful blogging. If you constantly on your blog and one or two keywords are bringing you the most traffic, and you focus your content around these keywords that is a form of listening.
- Keep it Short and Simple (KSS): keep in mind that you do not have to write a lengthy article in order for it to be blog post. You can keep short and simple, stick to giving the essential information. A minimum of 500 words is great. If you feel like you can write more without loosing your audience by any means go for it. Just stay on topic or keyword focused.
- Media: you want to include in your blog graphics, pictures, videos to spice up your blog or bring it to life. Do not let the graphics, pictures or videos overshadow your content. Pick some relevant graphics, and pictures to include in your post. Try to have some original graphics and pictures in your blog to make it stand out.
- Monetization: this is a critical step to successful blogging. Making money on your blog. Once you have steady flow of traffic to your blog, you need to start making money from that traffic. You do not want to give people information on your blog and not give them any call to action(CTA). Make sure you monetize your blog. I will be reading more article on how to monetize your blog, stay tune for that.
- Interaction: now that you have a flow of traffic to your blog, you want to interact with your audience. One way of doing that is to create something that you do every week on your blog that your audience will be looking forward to. For instance, every sunday I do a video where I give out some success tips and it is called Success Sunday. You can watch these video on my Facebook Fan Page, YouTube Channel, Pinterest… and I am working on bringing it to my blog as well. It can be the picture of the day or of the week. Something that your audience will be looking forward to every week.
- keep it personal: make sure you keep your blog personal. You are more successful when you keep it on a personal level. You can include some personal experiences that are related to those topics or contents that you write. People want to know about you, they want to know about experiences. People buy from people they know like and trust, so do not be afraid to be personal. Put some of your personality in your content. It does not matter what your niche is, mix some of your personality with it. If you are talking about weight loss, you can share what you are doing to lose weight. If you are talking about marking you can share what you are doing or what helped you with your marketing. Always remember what your niche is and try to add that personal feel to it. Own it, by you owning whatever your niche is, you become more of an authority . The more people see that, and the mor people start sharing that the bigger it can actually get for you.
Well, there you have it the 10 new steps to successful blogging. Remember you are the professional now, you have your own blog, and just by following some of these techniques it should make your blogging experience very much more rewarding. Making money online or growing in popularity online is not an overnight thing like some people think, but through time dedication, and persistence you are going to be rewarded with all royalties of blogging. Hanging there, and learn from the best.
I almost forgot you can actually take a 10 days risk free money back guaranteed with MLSP HERE, and you will automatically have access to MLSP Sites which is included in your MLSP membership.
If you found value to this article please comment and don’t be reluctant to share it with your teammates.
Did This Aid You? If so, don’t forget to leave a remark and share it on Facebook with your Network
P.S.: If You have a Blog or looking to start one and want to learn how to make money from your Blog, I will recommend you to invest in this Course “The 3minute Expert” by Ray Higdon. Get Instant access by Clicking Here
If you enjoyed this post on 10 New Steps to Successful Blogging, Re-Tweet and comment please.